Living Support. Community Acceptance.
A High Quality of Life.
Pathways to Independence is a community based, not for profit agency providing assisted community living services and supports to adults with an acquired brain injury (ABI), a developmental disability, or a dual diagnosis based on their unique goals, abilities and choices.
Our Philosophy & Guiding Principles
- Each person is recognized as a valued and whole individual
- Each person is capable of growth, change, and the life-long pursuit of learning
- Each person is unique in all attributes, interests, capacities, motivation, learning styles and personality.
- Each person has the right to make decisions that will affect the quality of their lives and permit them to pursue their own destinies.
- Community resources and services must be fully accessible
- The rights of all people must be defended against discrimination
- Each person has the right to a life-enhancing and safe environment